Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I WIN! I WIN!

For about the last five years I've participated in my works annual NCAA mens basketball tournament Pick'em game. It used to be a $5 buy in and the winner takes the pot. The last few years, it's been for bragging rights instead and occasionally a work donated prize to the winner.


I've had a clever strategy of listening to talk radio and looking at what I consider the hustle stats (assists, blocks, rebounds and especially offensive rebounds) for each team when making my selections. This synthesis of data has never worked well enough to win my groups until this year when I managed to finally place 1st place. Go me!


No prize given (at least so far) but I've managed to use my bragging rights for a day or two and that was lots of fun.


1 comment:

John M Olsen said...

I was hearing a couple of guys talking about the final game, and thought I'd heard that your team won. Congrats!

Site Meter